Buying a home is one of the best investments you’ll make in your lifetime, and probably the single largest investment. With proper planning and the right realtor, buying a home can be a rewarding, stress-free, even pleasurable experience, says Jerry White in his column Real Estate Matters.
Follow these steps to insure a successful home buying experience:
- Do business with a qualified realtor who is a dedicated professional and with whom you feel comfortable. “This individual will be your eyes and ears to the market and your representative in all negotiations,” White says. “More importantly, you will be spending a lot of time with your realtor so it is important your personalities are compatible.”
- Don’t try to “time” the market. Average home prices have increased every year and will continue to do so. Don’t be flummoxed by minor fluctuations in the market. If you find your dream house, don’t wait; buy it now.
- No house is perfect. A home inspector will find minor flaws in any existing home. Focus on more important matters, such as location and the condition of major systems.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start your home search. You’ll spend your time looking in the right price range and any offer you make will be more favorably received by the seller.
- Everyone feels a touch of “buyer’s remorse.” Second guessing yourself, particularly on an investment of this magnitude, is human nature. Focus on the features that first drew you to the home and the fact that home ownership yields huge benefits over the long term.
With his affable personality and easy-going manner, you’ll feel right at home working with realtor John Day. John listens to his clients and makes their happiness his number one priority. With his years of experience in the Maryland and Washington DC real estate markets, John Day is intimately familiar with the amenities and ambiance of its many communities and neighborhoods. John will listen to the features you want in a house and the kind of community you want to live in. He won’t waste your time showing you homes that don’t meet your criteria.
A top agent with prestigious Long & Foster Realtors, John Day has his pulse on the market. He has developed the resources and contacts to be among the first in the know and will help you find the perfect home in the perfect community. John will put his experience and expertise to work for you. A savvy contract writer and aggressive negotiator, he’ll find your dream home and negotiate a great deal. You can rely on John Day to look out for your interests. You’ll find John to be a powerful advocate and knowledgeable ally. Visit John’s website today to view the latest listings, click the post title to read his invaluable Tips for Buyers, then call John and start searching for your dream house today. Whether you’re buying or selling in Maryland or the Washington DC area, John Day is your key to success.